Pakistan on Thursday said it remains open to “result-oriented” and “sustainable” dialogue with India, even as it blamed New Delhi for the current crisis in bilateral relations and for not responding to Islamabad’s repeated overtures for talks. “This present crisis is India’s doing. Pakistan has always pursued a policy of maximum restraint and patience and made many gestures towards peaceful relations with India, but India remains intransigent and arrogant,” Foreign Office spokesman Nafees Zakaria said at the weekly briefing. “Our repeated offers of talks remain un-responded. We remain open to a result-oriented and sustainable dialogue,” Zakaria said.
Watch What Else Is Making News
His statement comes amid repeated ceasefire violations by Pakistan at the LoC and rising tension between Islamabad and New Delhi after Pakistan formally named eight officials of Indian High Commission for involvement in subversive activities.
Talking about the eight Indian officials identified for activities against Pakistan, Zakaria said that it was a serious issue and confirmed Pakistan’s stance regarding the involvement of Indian state agencies in subversive activities for the purpose of destabilising the country.
“This is a grievous development that goes against the accepted norms of conducting diplomatic relations. This serious and most deplorable development is under constant review by the relevant authorities, who will determine the next course of action,” he said.
He also condemned the alleged ceasefire violations by Indian forces on the LoC and the Working Boundary.
Raising the Kashmir issue, the spokesman said: “Regrettably, India remains in constant violation of UNSC Resolutions and UN Charter. It extends no cooperation to UNMOGIP. International Community must take note and hold India accountable for its crimes in Kashmir.”
To another question, he said that the case of alleged Indian spy Kulbushan Jadav is currently being investigated and the decision about consular access would be taken when appropriate.
He also said that recently Pakistan has received more information from India about 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
“The very recent one that we received from the Indian side is being examined from legal angle. However, no evidence has been shared with us so far. But, after almost eight years, India has admitted that sharing of material evidence was necessary, which they had not done so far,” he said.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now