Amid the prevailing tension, there was some reason for cheer at the Hussainiwala border on Monday morning when 12-year-old Mohammad Tanveer, a resident of Dhari village of Kasur district in Pakistan, was handed over to Pakistan Rangers.
The boy had crossed the Pakistan border and entered Dona Telumal border post, in Mamdot area of Ferozepur in Punjab. As he entered by mistake, he was handed over to the Rangers on humanitarian grounds, said R S Kataria, DIG BSF, Punjab Frontier.
The boy reportedly crossed the border at around 6 pm on Sunday, while grazing cattle with his father and uncle.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
BSF officials said that at border post 194, as the fencing and the border are separated by three kilometres, the boy may not have realised that he was entering another country.
According to reports, the boy walked half-a-kilometre inside, before he found a Pir Baba ki Mazar where he asked for water. It
was only then that he realised that he was in India. The boy then gave details about his village, family, etc.
The BSF contacted the Rangers and, on Monday morning, handed over Tanveer to Pakistan on the Hussainiwala border, confirmed Kataria.