The Ministry of External Affairs on Thursday accused Pakistan of violating ceasefire despite calls for restraint. In a statement to the media on Thursday, MEA spokesperson Vikas Swarup said, during last week there have been 18 instances of infiltration by terrorists from vicinity of Pakistani posts. “These violent acts (by Pak) constitute a clear violation of the ceasefire agreement of 2003,” said Swarup in a press briefing. “Despite calls for restraint Pak forces have committed 12 ceasefire violations between 9th and 15 November,” added Swarup. When asked about Pakistan’s participation in Heart of Asia conference in India, Swarup said, “We have not yet received any official confirmation of Pakistan’s participation in the Heart of Asia.”
MEA’s statement comes in the backdrop of Pakistan’s claim that they killed 11 Indian soldiers in cross-border firing across the Line of Control (LoC). Meanwhile, the Indian Army has rejected Pakistan’s claim. “No fatal casualties due to Pak firing on 14, 15 or 16 November. Pak Army Chief claim of killing Indian soldiers on 14 Nov false (sic),” Northern Command of Indian Army said in a tweet.
Earlier on Wednesday, Pakistan Army Chief General Raheel Sharif had claimed that his troops killed at least 11 Indian jawans on the same day when seven Pakistani soldiers were killed in retaliatory firing by Indian troops across the LoC.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App nowFirst Published on: November 17, 2016 5:17 pm