Over reports of Pakistan banning the broadcast of Indian channels in the country, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said Sunday that Islamabad’s move shows it does not want its citizens to know about the state’s misdoings as they are insecure.
“Pakistan banning Indian channels is a sign of their insecurity because they want to keep away from their misdoings and some information at the public at large. My sympathies go out to the people of Pakistan, who are unaware of the incompetence of its military and even more incompetence of its government,” BJP spokesperson Shaina NC told media.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) on Saturday announced banning all ‘illegal’ Indian channels across the nation from October 15th.
The PEMRA has warned that strict action would be taken according to law after October 15 if TV channels and distribution networks failed to follow the directions.
The authority said it has been receiving complaints that several local private channels were showing Indian talk shows, reality programmes and dramas without permission.
The decision was taken after looking at the current situation of India and Pakistan, following which authorities have been urged to impose immediate ban on broadcast and distribution of illegal Indian content and illegal Indian DTH. This development comes in the wake of Pakistani artistes and actors facing a ban from the Indian movie industry.