Over 3 lakh tonnes of paddy has arrived in various market yards of Haryana this year so far against 1.42 lakh tonnes in the same period last year. A spokesman of the Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department said that out of total arrival of 3,18,821 tonnes, 3,16,973 tonnes of paddy was leviable. While the government procurement agencies purchased 3,11,590 tonnes of paddy, millers and dealers have purchased 7,231 tonnes (MT) of paddy.
Referring to arrival of Paddy in the mandis of different districts, he said that so far, 1,55,780 MT of paddy has arrived in Kurukshetra, 52,949 MT in Karnal, 52,894 MT in Kaithal, 40,371 MT in Ambala, 16,097 MT in Yamunanagar, 498 MT in Jind and 232 MT paddy has arrived in Panchkula. He said that out of the total arrival, 1,64,541 MT of paddy has been purchased by Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department, 89,152 MT by HAFED, 39,639 MT by the Haryana Agro-industries Corporation and 18,258 MT has been purchased by the Haryana Warehousing Corporation.
He said that farmers have been advised to clean and dry their produce properly before bringing it to the market so that they do not have to face any problem.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free