Huge quantity of Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) was on Saturday seized from two districts of Bihar and seven persons were arrested, in stepped-up drive to enforce the prohibition in the state.
In a major haul, police seized 3,286 litres of IMFL, smuggled from Haryana, in Nalanda district, Superintendent of Police Kumar Ashish said.
Acting on a tip off, the Special Task Force (STF) and the district police intercepted a truck near Chiranya bridge under Chandi police station and recovered 3,286 litre of liquor in 6,468 bottles packed in 354 cartons, he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The consignment was being brought from Haryana with some part of it meant for distribution in places enroute to the final destination of Biharsharif, the district headquarters of Nalanda, Ashish said.
Five persons involved in the racket including its alleged kingpin — Sanjit Kumar Singh of Nursarai in Nalanda district have been arrested in this connection, the SP said.
In another operation, the Muzaffarpur police today seized 280 cartons of IMFL and arrested two persons from Godanpatti village under Gaighat police station area.
Acting on a tip off, police raided a place in Godanpatti village and seized the cartons of foreign liquor from a truck and nabbed the truck driver and its cleaner, Senior Superintendent of Police Vivek Kumar said.
The 280 cartons, containing IMFL from Haryana, were supposed to be distributed among different parts of the district and its adjoining areas with the help of these seized vehicles, he said.
The seizure was result of the intense campaign launched in the state by Nitish Kumar government after new and more stringent liquor law was introduced in Bihar from October 2.