The Delhi government Friday aproved a proposal to give a compensation of Rs one crore to the family of ex-serviceman Ram Kishan Grewal who had allegedly committed suicide over the implementation of ‘One Rank, One Pension’ (OROP) issue. The Aam Aadmi Party government has also decided to declare Grewal a martyr. The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today at his official residence.
Watch What Else Is Making News
“The Delhi Cabinet has given its nod to provide Rs one crore compensation to family of Grewal. It has also decided to declare him a martyr,” a senior official said.
Kejriwal had announced the compensation yesterday when he had gone to Grewal’s village Bamla in Haryana where he had gone to attend the cremation of army veteran. The Delhi Chief Minister had been detained by police on Wednesday when he tried to meet Grewal’s family.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I want the people to take his fight forward. We will fight till our last breath and snatch OROP from the Centre. Our soldiers deserve what is their due,” Kejriwal had told reporters here.
Under the AAP government’s compensation policy, the families of martyrs, who are residents of Delhi, are given Rs one crore. Kejriwal had asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to implement the same across the country.