FACTIONAL FIGHT between Congress workers in Bareilly on Thursday evening left a district committee office-bearer seriously injured. The incident took place during the Rahul Sandesh Yatra, which was led by AICC secretary Shakil Ahmad in Sirauli town.
Watch what else is making news:
“When we reached Sirauli, youth leader Ashfaq Saqlaini, along with 15 others, attacked us with sticks and sharp-edged weapons instead of welcoming us. The party’s district general secretary, Mohit Gupta, sustained serious injuries,” said Ramdev Pandey, the party’s district unit president. He added that Saqlaini and his aides attacked others too, including him and city president Chaudhary Aslam Mian.
The assailants also looted Rs 1.80 lakh from Gupta’s car, alleged Pandey, adding Congress president Raj Babbar has been informed about the incident,” said Pandey. Following the incident, Gupta was taken to the primary health centre in Ram Nagar, from where he was later referred to a private hospital in Bareilly.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
When contacted, Ashfaq Saqlaini, who claims to be president of the youth coordination committee of the Youth Congress in Aonla, said: “Mohit Gupta and his men abused me and my supporters and we asked him to behave. Later, Gupta and his men indulged in an altercation when some of my supporters hit him with a stick on his head.”
“District Congress president Ramdev Pandey is giving importance to ticket seekers and not loyal party workers. I was not informed that Rahul Sandesh Yatra would come to my area. The event was held in front of my house,” he added.
Sirauli Station Officer R K Singh said: “We have registered an FIR against Asfaq Saqlaini, Ishaq, Chotu and Kalim for assaulting Congress leaders during the Rahul Sandesh Yatra. We have also booked the accused for looting Rs 1.80 lakh in cash and a gold chain. We are probing the incident and action will be taken accordingly.”