Wildlife personnel have geared up to prevent poaching in Odisha’s Chilika lake apprehending large-scale killing of birds for the ensuing ‘Chhadakhai’ day which comes after the holy month of Kartik.
On this day, Odias who forgo non-vegetarian food during Kartik indulge in large-scale killing of birds as the demand for non-vegetarian food goes up, including meat of water fowls in Balugaon, Berhampur, Khurda and Bhubaneswar.
“Patrolling will be intensified in the lake,” Divisional Forest Officer (Chilika) Bikash Ranjan Das said.
“Nineteen camps with 90 personnel have been set up in the lake. They will be assisted by members of the bird protection committees,” he said.
The anti-poaching drive, in and around the famous lake, which was launched yesterday would continue at least till tomorrow, officials said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest