Two persons, including a woman, were killed and nine others of a family injured when the jeep in which they were travelling hit a roadside tree in Odisha’s Bhadrak district early today.
The victims belonging to Maitapur village in Balasore district were returning home after visiting Durga puja pandals when the accident took place.
The driver lost control of the vehicle and hit the tree at Palada Chhak on NH-5 under Bhandaripokhari police station limit, police said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
They were taken to Bhadrak district hospital where doctors declared two of them dead on arrival. Of the nine injured, three were shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack, the police said.
Police officials rushed to the spot and seized the vehicle. The driver fled after the accident.