A man was arrested with his two accomlices for alleged abduction of his father in the Betanati area of Odisha’s Mayurbhaanj district. Inspector in-Charge of Betanati police station Minati Biswal said the police carried out an operation in Baripada town on Saturday and arrested the trio. He said, Bhagabat Behera, who is a retired teacher and was abducted last month, was also rescued on October 15.
Bhagabat Behera of Tungadhua village was allegedly abducted by two youths while he was on his way to Baripada to withdraw money from a bank on September 10, the IIC said. Abani Behera, the retired teacher’s son, reported the matter to the police the following day. He alleged that the abductors were demanding a ransom of Rs 5 lakh to release his father, the police said.
During interrogation, the accused Ajay Patra and Himanshu Naik, confessed to have their role in the kidnapping at the behest of the teacher’s son, they said. A case of kidnapping and extortion was registered in the Betanati police station. Police said the accused had managed to withdraw Rs 40,000 from the bank account of Bhagabat through ATM transactions.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The arrested son also confessed to have committed the crime by engaging the two accomplices for a deal of Rs 50,000, the police officer said.