The Odisha government is all set to put four more mines on auction under the amended MMDR Act, 2015.
“We are prepared to issue notification for the auction of four mines in 2-3 days. The process has been delayed due to Puja vacations,” Odisha’s steel and mines minister Prafulla Kumal Mallick told reporters in Bhubaneshwar. Stating that bidders would be asked to participate in the e-auction process, the Minister said that the four demarcated mines for auction comprised three limestone ones and one manganese mine located in Rayagada, Nuapada and Malkangiri districts.
Watch what else is making news:
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
Replying to a question, Mallick said that the volume of reserve and bidding price of these mines would be part of the notification. So far, the state government has auctioned only one iron ore mine – the Ghorhaburhani-Sagasahi iron ore block, Mallick said adding Essar Steel bagged the first iron ore block.
In a recent visit to Odisha, Union Mines Secretary Balvinder Kumar had suggested State governments to invite bidders for review meetings so as to know the exact status of necessary clearances and discuss hurdles, if any, with respect to the mineral blocks.
While seven mineral blocks have been put on auction in Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Odisha, the Mines Ministry aims to auction at least 30 more by the end of the current financial year, Kumar had said.