An NGO Tuesday demanded a judicial probe into the killing of 28 Maoists in an encounter with Odisha and Andhra Pradesh Police to bring out the truth. The People’s Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) also demanded registering a FIR into the killings.
“…the continuing allegation that the governments in both states have supported and ensured impunity and immunity enjoyed by the police from investigation, there are enough grounds to feel that independent, impartial and credible investigation cannot be done by the police forces themselves into the encounters,” the PUCL said in a statement.
“The PUCL, therefore, demands that a judicial enquiry be initiated headed by a sitting Supreme Court or High Court judge into the killings so that the truth of the killings can be brought to light,” it said.
The PUCL further insisted that the Andhra Pradesh government and state police should comply with yesterday’s Hyderabad High Court order of producing before it Akkiraju Hargopal alias Ramakrishna and 10 others “who are supposed to be in the custody” of the cops since the alleged encounter.
The NGO demanded the police to ensure personal safety of Ramakrishna and others.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
28 Maoists were killed in an encounter with a joint team of police from the two states in Odisha’s Malkangiri district on October 24.