In view of the state panchayat elections due in February next year, the annual matriculation examinations for Odia-medium schools are unlikely to be held during the same time. To avoid the scorching summer, the Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha had been holding the matriculation examinations in February every year for the past several years.
“In view of the ensuing panchayat elections likely in February 2017, we will not be in a position to conduct the matriculation examination around the same time,” BSE President Sushant Das said.
More than six lakh students are likely to write the matriculation examination next year and these students and their parents are now a bit worried as the preparations for the examinations would hamper a lot in the month of February when the canvassing for the elections would be at its peak with noisy campaigning by the candidates in rural areas.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen