Odisha government on Tuesday approved investment of Rs 1,002 crore in two projects which are likely to generate employment for about 1,000 people.
The government approval came during a Single Window Clearance Committee (SWCLC) meeting presided over by Chief Secretary A P Padhi.
- Odisha for action plan of mining affected areas in eight districts
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali signs Rs 671 cr pact for Chhattisgarh food unit
- 54,275 houses sanctioned so far in Odisha for people belonging to economically weaker section
- Odisha has built 1 lakh acre land bank for industries, says government official
- Make in Odisha: Over 80 companies promise to invest Rs 2.03 lakh crore
- Odisha approves 3 investment projects worth Rs 874 crore
The committee cleared a proposal of BMW Industries Limited (BMWIL) to set up a steel processing unit at Kalinganagar in Jajpur district with an investment of Rs 900 crore. The company would employ about 600 people, Industries secretary Sanjib Chopra said after the meeting.
“Besides, LL Logistics Private Limited has also proposed to set up a logistics park at Indranipatna near Choudwar in
Cuttack district. The company will invest Rs 102 crore and employ 460 people in its unit,” Chopra added.