As many as 122 out of 450 girls students of a state-run ‘Kanyashram’ at Tato in Odisha’s Mayurbhanj district fell ill after eating at the school’s annual function feast on Monday.
- Twelve years after Odisha protest, severed palms await burial
- Odisha food poisoning: 30 people fall ill after eating at community feast
- 100 children take ill in UP govt-run residential school
- Odisha victim doesn’t think Maoists raped her: Rights panel
- Odisha: 230 students fall ill after consuming mid-day meal at school
- In Odisha, 107 girls walk 25 km at night in protest against ill-treatment by hostel authorities
The girls were reported to be vomiting and suffering from stomach ailments after allegedly eating chicken and rice, District Welfare Officer (DWO) Krupasindhu Behera said.
They are being treated by the doctor and para medical staff from the Community Health Centre (CHC) at Karanjia, the DWO said, adding their condition is stable. The cause of infection is not yet known, he said.