Union Minister RS Katheria found himself in a controversy on Sunday after the video of him addressing a function at Lucknow University on Saturday went viral on social media.
In the video, Kateria was heard saying that saffronisation of education and nation would definitely take place if it is good for the country.
His comments invited criticism from political leaders and social media users. On Monday, while speaking to ANI, Kateria took a u-turn and said “i just said whatever is good for the nation, we’ll accept that; whether its Bhagwakaran or green or red color.”
- Dayashankar Singh row: Now, BJP demands Mayawati apology for Siddiqui’s comments
- Dropped minister says his supporters ‘angry’, another says performance not the reason
- Saffronisation of education will happen, if it helps nation, says HRD MoS Ram Shankar Katheria
- Saffronisation of education will take place, if good for country: Ramshankar Katheria
- Watch: 'Bhagwakaran', 'Sanghwad' good for nation, will happen, says Union Minister Katheria
- Congress redefines colour of terrorism: Black,not saffron
However, he also added that there was an ongoing conspiracy to malign the image of ‘bhagwa’ (saffron) and it is not good.
Kateria serves as BJP MP from Agra and Minister of State for HRD.