BJP on Wednesday asserted that nothing political should be read in Prime Minister Narendra Modi greeting people on Dussehra with the name of Lord Ram, who is a venerable figure for Indians.
Its comments came after some opposition parties took a dig at Modi over his saying “Jai Shri Ram, Jai Jai Shri Ram” from a Ramlila stage in Lucknow yesterday as the greeting is loaded with political symbolism linked to Ram temple issue, once a main poll plank now relegated to the background by the saffron party.
BJP national secretary Shrikant Sharma said only those who do not believe in Indian culture will find wrong in it.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“Lord Ram is a venerable figure for us. It is natural for the Prime Minister to take his name from the stage of a Ramlila. Those who believe in Indian culture will have no objection to it,” he told reporters.
He accused parties like SP, BSP and Congress of raising irrelevant issues to divert attention from developmental agenda as they have nothing to say on the matter.
“There is a design in their raising irrelevant issues. It is because they have completely failed on developmental front,” he said.