General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Army’s Northern Command, Lt General D S Hooda, on Thursday reviewed measures to thwart any “misadventure” from across the Line of control (LoC) besides maintaining “pressure” on terror groups operating in Kashmir.
“The Northern Army Commander Lt Gen D S Hooda, accompanied by Srinagar-based Chinar Corps Commander Lt Gen Satish Dua, visited the frontier area of Uri and reviewed security with the local commanders. He took stock of all measures taken by the Army to beat back any misadventure from across,” a defence spokesman said.
Watch What Else is Making News
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The visit of the northern Army commander to Uri sector comes on a day when troops foiled three infiltration bids along the Line of Control, killing a militant in Naugam sector.
Three more militants were gunned down in the hinterland in Kupwara district.
“During his interaction with officers and men on ground, Lt Gen Hooda conveyed his compliments for their high levels of operational preparedness, vigil and morale and exhorted them to remain alert for any eventuality,” the spokesman said.
He said the Army commander also complimented the troops operating in the hinterland for their professionalism in foiling the terror attack in Baramulla on October 3 and in today’s operation in Langate, Kupwara in which three Pakistani terrorists were killed.
The spokesman said both the senior officers later visited Awantipura based Victor Force Headquarters in south Kashmir where Lt Gen Hooda was briefed by the Kilo and Victor Force Commanders on the security situation in the Valley.
“The Army Commander urged sustaining the pressure on terrorist groups operating in the valley and also to continue with the humanitarian initiatives to help the civil administration in alleviating the problems of the people,” the spokesman said.