The non-payment of tax is like trying to deceive conscience, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar Tuesday said. Speaking at the BJP Parliamentary party meeting here, Kumar said that the demonetisation move is a historic step taken by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and people are with him in his crusade against black money.
He maintained that government is ready for discussion on every aspect of the demonetisation.
Quoting Karnataka saint Basaveshwara, Kumar said,”After filling your treasury. You must not go without paying tax. Black money is unnecessary and often wasteful; black money cannot be used for legitimate transactions. Not paying tax on your earning is like trying to deceive your conscience.”
The meeting was also attended by PM Modi, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, and senior BJP leaders.
Speaking at the meeting, Modi said demonetisation is not the end but the beginning of a “long, deep and constant” battle against black money and corruption and will benefit the poor and the common man.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
BJP parliamentary party also passed a resolution endorsing Modi’s crusade against black money.