The Government on June 20 clarified that there is no registration fee for filing Udyog Memorandum and it is the only form of registration for MSMEs in India, in view of complaints received regarding fee charged by certain agencies for facilitating the registration.
“It may be pointed out that filling of Udyog Aadhar Memorandum can be done only on the portal created by the Ministry. There is no fee charged for this purpose.
“The filling process is simple and the entrepreneurs can register without seeking any third party assistance. If required, assistance can be sought from the General Manager of their respective District Industries Centre for filing their Udyog Aadhar Memorandum,” an official statement said.
- Despite Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi's claims, violence against Rohingya continues
- Syria drops off the radar at UN assembly
- Fearing eruption, thousands in Bali flee from Mount Agung
- Caroline Wozniacki stuns Garbine Muguruza to reach Pan Pacific Open final
- Etihad Airways launches 'fly now pay later' scheme
- 2 coaches of an empty train derail in Agra
The ministry had come out with Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum, which must be filled online by all micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), a move to simplify registration procedure for entrepreneurs and promote ease of doing business.