CITING PAKISTANI media reports that stated the Pathankot terror attack was stage-managed by Indian authorities, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Tuesday targeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi and called his foreign policy an “absolute failure”.
Kejriwal slammed Modi, saying that “no Prime Minister in the history of India had ever bowed down before Pakistan the way Modi has” and sought an apology from the latter for “failing the country”.
- Delhi sealing: Assembly passes resolution, CM Arvind Kejriwal demands moratorium
- BJP to boycott all party-meet called by CM Arvind Kejriwal to discuss sealing drive
- Delhi Chief Secretary, bureaucrats to hold ‘March for Dignity’ today over assault case
- AAP MLAs’ bail plea rejected; party fumes as police search CM’s house, Kejriwal says go question Amit Shah
- Delhi Chief Secretary ‘assault’ case: BJP wants Arvind Kejriwal to step down, Congress seeks his apology
- AAP relaunches itself in Maharashtra, Kejriwal accuses BJP of adopting ‘divide and rule’
“Following the Pathankot attack, the PM had invited Pakistani agencies to investigate the matter. The entire country was against it; all political parties and even the general public objected to it. Yet he called them over. Everyone said the ISI and Pakistan were involved… the ones who attacked were called to investigate the attack. And now the ISI has said India has been unable to give evidence that Pakistan or ISI was involved and even denied that their non-state actors were involved,” Kejriwal told reporters.
“Till now we kept saying ISI was spreading terror in India and seeking the intervention and support of other countries like the US. But now, by inviting the same ISI to investigate the matter, we have already given them a clean chit. This is sure to change our foreign policy. How will we now tell the world that the ISI is spreading terror? This is the first PM to have given them a clean chit,” Kejriwal added.
He said his party had raised objections on the Joint Investigation Team when it was formed. “We had expressed our resentment both in the House and outside it. This is betrayal of Bharat Mata. On December 25, he went to wish happy birthday to Nawaz Sharif and the Pathankot attack takes place on January 2. The nation wants to know what transpired between Modi and Sharif,” Kejriwal said.