Amid clamour to ban Pakistani artistes from working in India and to withdraw visas granted to them, officials of the Home Ministry said Friday that the Centre has no such plan. Stating that an arbitrary withdrawal of visas without valid grounds would be in violation of the law, the officials added that any future visa applications from Pakistani artistes would be processed according to rules.
“The government has no plans of withdrawing visas granted to Pakistani actors,” a senior Home Ministry official said. Home Ministry sources said that despite demands from some quarters for a ban on Pakistani artistes, the government would go by the rules in place.
“We cannot arbitrarily withdraw visas granted to Pakistani actors unless they have violated rules or broken the law. We can withdraw a visa only if there are reasonable grounds for doing so,” another Home Ministry official said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen