The US hospital where the Dalai Lama is currently undergoing a medical checkup has said there are no major concerns as regard the Tibetan spiritual leader’s ailment and he will fully recover after treatment.
The 80-year-old Dalai Lama on Tuesday went to the US where he was admitted at Mayo Clinic in Rochester for prostate treatment.
- Dalai Lama visits Utah, talks about China, compassion and humanity
- Ignoring China's warnings, Obama meets Dalai Lama at White House for fourth time
- Dalai Lama to undergo surgery in US
- Sri Lanka government unlikely to allow Dalai Lama visit: Official
- Obama to appear in public with Dalai Lama
- China warns foreign govts against meeting Dalai Lama
“His physicians report no major concerns, and anticipate he will respond well to treatment and make a full recovery,” a Mayo spokeswoman said in a statement, according to Tibetan website Phayul.com.
“He is being treated for a prostate condition that is common for men of his age,” the spokeswoman said. The Dalai Lama had left Dharamsala for the US on January 19 and will return after a month’s rest. His regular engagements are scheduled from March.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In September 2015, the Dalai Lama had cancelled his US trip on the advice of his doctors at the clinic, who had asked him to rest for several weeks after a medical checkup.