No interviews for Class-III, IV jobs in govt from Jan 1: PM Modi

Modi said it is a "major step" in the fight against corruption and the government's effort to save the youth from problems they encounter while seeking jobs.

By: PTI | New Delhi/noida | Published:December 31, 2015 7:22 pm
govt job, govt job interview, narendra modi, modi, class 3 jobs, class 4 jobs, india govt jobs, govt jobs, modi in noida, noida meerut expressway, india news Prime Minister Narendra Modi waves during the foundation stone laying ceremony for the construction of Delhi-Dasna-Meerut Expressway and upgradation of Dasna- Hapur Section of NH-24, in Noida on Thursday. (PTI Photo)

With effect from tomorrow, there will be no interviews for central government jobs in Class-III and IV categories, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced today, terming it as a “New Year Gift” to the youth and a major step to curb corruption.

“From tomorrow, interviews for government jobs in Class-III and Class-IV categories will be abolished. This will help curb corruption,” he tweeted.

His tweet came soon after he talked about the issue at an event in Noida, near here, while laying a foundation stone of a 14-lane expressway connecting Delhi with Meerut.

Addressing a public meeting there, he said, “Today is December 31, the last day of 2015 and from tomorrow, 2016 will begin… We are going to give a unique gift to the youth, such a unique gift which will free the youth from corruption, it will free the youth from being compelled to depend on anybody.”

He said the government has taken a decision, which will be implemented from tomorrow, that there will be no interviews for Class-III and IV jobs.

“Interviews are seen as a means to get a job by using somebody’s influence. And those deserving are deprived in the process. That is why the government has decided that from tomorrow, the New Year gift is that for Class-III and IV jobs, there will be no interview,” the Prime Minister said.

“Through technology and on the basis of merit, if anybody deserves a job, the offer will reach his house,” he said.

He said it is a “major step” in the fight against corruption and the government’s effort to save the youth from problems they encounter while seeking jobs.

He appealed to all Chief Ministers to take the same step and particularly urged Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, noting that he himself is an MP from the state.

Modi had first talked about his intent to abolish interviews for lower level government jobs in his last Independence Day address, saying the practice breeds corruption and many poor people lose out in this process.

“One of the areas of corruption is recruitment. Even the poorest of the poor wants that his son should get a job,” he had said and lamented that many lose out due to corruption in the process of interviews.

“I have not yet seen a psychologist who can assess a person in a two-minute interview,” Modi had said.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now

Bankn
              rupali gupta
              Feb 8, 2017 at 6:05 am
              Sir I am rupali live in sirsa I am B com from punjab I university I have no job
                Preetikumari
                Mar 5, 2017 at 3:58 am
                Sir i am preeti kumari live in faridabad i am BA final year from government collage
                  Radhika
                  Jan 6, 2017 at 6:09 pm
                  Dear sir,lt;br/gt;I am Radhika, I complete my graduation lt;br/gt;Last 3years but I don't get job, I need govt. Job plz help me to sort out my financial problemlt;br/gt;It's my humble request to u modi ji plz look out my problem.
                  1. U
                    uday goswami
                    Jan 9, 2017 at 8:04 am
                    sir. I am uday goswami.. i live in 70, noa-para talbagan colony, baranagar, north 24 pargona, kolkata - 700090.... My father was expired 2 years ago.....we are in more economic problem.....Our nearest politicians are playing game....because one years ago we joined in bijepi parti...plz help me nother we will dead... my phone no....8420347252
                      Ankit shishodia
                      Sep 4, 2016 at 1:45 am
                      my dear sir ,lt;br/gt; lt;br/gt; piz.....govt job cl 5th p narendra modi policy job an any subject.
                      1. G
                        Gaurav
                        Feb 19, 2016 at 4:47 pm
                        AWESOME
                          Kiran Kumar
                          Nov 25, 2016 at 9:27 am
                          Sirlt;br/gt;Am completed my 12th and 2 year graduate complete this year am discontinued so please I have a government job so please shortly informing me.lt;br/gt;Thank u sir
                          1. T
                            Tasleem shaikh
                            Dec 30, 2016 at 4:04 pm
                            Mujhe nokri chahiyee
                            1. H
                              Himanshu Yadav
                              Jan 5, 2016 at 5:02 am
                              I applaud this crucial step taken by our honourable PM.Its something no other PM ever before gave any thought to.Corruption in employment is a major problem which can now be curbed atleast in cl III and cl IV jobs.Getting selected in written and then to get rejected because of a two min. Interview with a panel is very disheartening and unacceptable.
                                anu
                                Jan 3, 2016 at 12:20 pm
                                i can not find any side who i apply for narendra modi job. which type of job are covered in calss- III and IV. please provide me detail. i have very need this job
                                  Rajesh
                                  Jan 3, 2016 at 1:51 am
                                  I can not find anything new here Modi always these things... But yes I about the job here
                                    dipti kumari
                                    Jul 6, 2016 at 3:46 am
                                    Dipti kumari sir piz.....govt job cl8th p narendramodi policy job reply me my family problems sir plz. .....
                                      dipti kumari
                                      Jul 1, 2016 at 4:31 am
                                      Plz.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Plz. Sir dipti kumari govt job cl8th p narendramodi policy plz. ..
                                        dipti kumari
                                        Jul 5, 2016 at 2:58 am
                                        Dipti sir.plz .....govt job cl8th p police my family problems sir plz plz. ...reply me come fast. ..
                                          dipti kumari
                                          Jul 5, 2016 at 3:00 am
                                          Plz.....govt job sir ....plz my family problems sir plz. .reply me come fast
                                            dipti kumari
                                            Oct 4, 2016 at 8:36 am
                                            Dipti kumari jha sir.plz please govt job plz help me my family problems plz plz reply me come fast. I am seeking a challenge career. i aspire to reach my profession through my determination . dedication and hard work. to pursue my professional career. i am looking for an opportunity with a growing organisation where I can enhance my knowledge and utilize to achieve success in organization's growth. Plz govt job plz help me narendramodi ji plz help me my phone number 9007541417 jai hind