Scotching reports of growing acrimony with Nitish Kumar, Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad on Monday said he is, in fact, very “close” to the Bihar chief minister. “Nitish aur hamare beech koi doori nahi hai, balki ghanishta hai (There are no differences between me and Nitish. We are, in fact, close to each other),” Lalu said, a day after Nitish called him to wish on Durga Puja.
There were reports of increasing differences between the partners of the ruling alliance in Bihar after former RJD MP Mohammed Shahabuddin was granted bail on September 10, and was sent back to jail by a Supreme Court order on September 30. The state government had filed a plea in apex court to get Shahabuddin’s bail cancelled, purportedly without consulting Lalu.
The situation worsened after RJD’s suspended Nawada MLA Rajballabh Yadav, who faces charges of raping a minor, met Lalu, even as the state challenged Yadav’s bail in Supreme Court.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Lalu today also criticised the BJP for apparently trying to “take credit” for the surgical strikes along the LoC.