Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday said the BJP-led government at the Centre is creating “fear among minorities” and curbing “federal powers of states” in ways that are hindering development. “Abhi kendra sarkaar jo kar rahi hai ussey minorities mein darr ka mahol hai. Kendra sarkaar tarike se rajyon ki taakat ko kam kar rahi hai; issey kaam karna mushkil ho raha hai (The Central government’s actions are creating fear among minorities. The Centre is deliberately weakening federal powers of the states),” Nitish said.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Speaking at a function organised by the newly constituted Punjab unit of the Janta Dal (United) here, Nitish said development is not possible without an atmosphere of harmony (“sadbhaav ke vatavarn”).
The Bihar CM, however, did not touch upon demonetisation, an issue on which he is seen as having parted ways with other opposition parties and has supported the move. He did not also comment on his decision not to participate in the bandh called by opposition parties on Monday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Kuchh log ghar wapsi aur gau raksha ki baat karte hain, wo to nafrat faila rahe hain. Par hum apna kaam kar rahe hain aur karte rahenge (Some people talk about ghar wapsi and cow protection and are spreading hatred. But we are working to achieve our goals and will continue to do it in Bihar),” he said .
Nitish said there is a difference between the government’s words and the actions.