Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today claimed that sale of milk has increased by 11 per cent in the last seven months since ban on alcohol came into effect in the state.”Sale of milk has increased by 11 per cent in the past seven months since ban on alcohol in Bihar,” Kumar said addressing a “Chetna Sabha” on the launch of “Nishchay Yatra” here in West Champaran district.
Consumption of sweets and honey have also witnessed a tremendous rise, he said counting virtues of ban on alcohol, spiced and domestic as well as Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) since April this year. Kumar said that earlier a sum of over Rs 10,000 crore was wasted annually by citizens on liquor which now they are utilising on healthy foods and thus boosting the state’s economy.
The “Nishchay Yatra” of Kumar is aimed at taking feedback from people on prohibition as well as on “seven resolves” which has been adopted by the government as “policy of governance” for next five years. The “seven resolves” also include civic amenities like drinking water, toilet, roads and electricity for every household.
With the BJP staging a sit-in in Patna against “Nishchay yatra”, Kumar, who is also JD(U) national president, took potshots at the rivals, saying they were suffering from “vikrit manuvriti” (perverted mentality). “These are programmes of good governance and social and economic well being of all citizens…these are ‘nishchays’ (resolve) of Bihar and not only of me,” he said, hitting at political rivals who he said were “unable to digest it.”
Kumar said prohibition has been promulgated when Bihar was bracing to observe centenary of Mahatma Gandhi’s champaran satyagraha against British rule early 2017 and asserted that it is aimed at “realising dreams of Bapu”. Claiming that Bihar has become a shinning example of prohibition, Kumar said a rally by OBC in Gujarat recently demanded making prohibition more effective like in Bihar in that state where it is in action since its inception.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Leader of Opposition in Bihar Assembly Prem Kumar alleged in Patna that Kumar “is making fun trip on money provided by the NDA government at the Centre for developmental purposes.”