A nine-year-old girl was allegedly raped by an unidentified man near an ongoing fair in Khajuraho, a police official said Thursday.
Chhattarpur Superintendent of Police Lalit Shakyavar said the accused on Wednesday lured the victim, a daughter of a shop owner at the fair, and sexually assaulted her.
He said the accused had tried to lure the girl two days back also by offering her ice cream.
- ‘Rape victim’ gave girl up for adoption, told court she’s dead
- Punjab government school teacher arrested for raping minor student
- Vile Parle: 2 more held for ‘raping minor, blackmailing her with video’
- Haryana: 20-year-old married woman raped in Fatehabad
- Delhi Police arrests two for raping 17-year-old in Shahdara
- Four rape cases reported in a day from across Delhi
“But she had refused. However, last night she fell in his trap,” the SP said.
“The girl was found injured some distance away from the mela, following which she was taken to a primary health centre in Khajuraho and later to Chhattarpur district hospital. She was then taken to Gwalior as her condition was deteriorating,” Shakyavar said.
Police have prepared a sketch of the accused based on the information provided by the victim’s younger sister and announced a cash reward of Rs 10,000 on him, the SP added.
A team has been also formed to trace the accused, the SP said, adding a case under IPC section 376 (rape) and others has been registered against the accused.