NIA Friday registered a case to probe the conspiracy behind the unsuccessful attack on an army installation in Kupwara where three terrorists were killed by the alert troops. An NIA team was at the spot taking over the evidence collected by the army, besides the bodies of the three terrorists killed after a fierce encounter at north Kashmir’s Langate, 82 kms from here, official sources said.
NIA would be also securing DNA samples of the three terrorists who were killed after nearly a five-hour gunbattle with the troops. The central probe agency has been handed over three Global Positioning System (GPS) devices, mobile phones, map and matrix sheets (used for sending coded messages) recovered from the killed terrorists and would be sending it for technological evaluation.
Besides these, army had recovered three AK rifles, three under barrel grenade launchers, a number of magazines, significant rounds of bullets, four walkie-talkie sets, dry fruits and medicines.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“The medicines which have been recovered from all three terrorists has Pakistani marking. This ascertains that all three terrorists were Pakistani terrorists,” a senior army official had yesterday said after the attack was over.
Yesterday’s unsuccessful attack came a three weeks after terrorists had stormed an army camp on September 18 in Uri, killing 19 soldiers.