In a crackdown ahead of Republic Day, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and police in six cities on Friday picked up 14 men who were allegedly “radicalised online” and had formed an outfit named ‘Junud ul Khalifa e Hind’ or ‘Soldiers of the Indian Caliphate’, according to official sources.
Software engineer arrested from Karnataka had attempted to enter Syria
One of the accused arrested from the state is a 46-year-old software engineer who was deported from Turkey where he was trying to enter Syria. Abdul Ahad held a master’s degree from Kennedy-Western University of California and was allegedly involved in recruiting Indian youth for dreaded terrorist outfit Islamic State.
Roorkie village residents shocked after four arrested for IS links
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The four youth arrested from the area were allegedly in contact with an ISIS handler through internet and whatsapp. The villagers are finding it difficult to believe that there were people among them involved in terrorist activities. Also, fearing that they would also be arrested for establishing contacts with terrorists, some children in the village have returned their mobile phones to their parents.
Mumbai man arrested for terror links spent most of the time on internet
33-year-old Mudabbir Sheikh, who was arrested by NIA on Thursday night, did not interact much with people and spent most of his time on the internet. Sheikh lived with his wife and two daughters in Amrut Nagar locality. A B.com graduate, Sheikh used to work with an IT firm around two years ago. His neighbours described him as a well-behaved person.