It is now mandatory for all NGOs and voluntary organisations (VOs) to register with NITI Aayog to receive grant-in-aid from ministries or departments of the central government, Parliament was informed today. “It is mandatory now for all NGOs/voluntary organisations to sign up on NGO-DARPAN portal to obtain a system-generated unique ID before applying for grant under any scheme of central government or ministries,” Minister of State for Ministry of Planning Rao Inderjit Singh said in a written reply to Lok Sabha.
Watch What Else Is Making News
The minister further said that as on November 24, a total of 81,353 NGOs/VOs have signed up on NGO-DARPAN portal which has has been redesigned.
Replying to a separate query, Singh said the government has earmarked Rs 150 crore for Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) in 2016-17 budget estimate.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The signing up on the portal can be done through submission of PAN and Aadhaar details of at least three office bearers of the entity concerned.
However, NGOs and VOs belonging to Assam have been exempted from such Aadhaar upload.
“No financial grants to be disbursed to the NGOs during the current financial year without obtaining a Unique ID number generated from the NGO-DARPAN portal of NITI Aayog, including the cases where part grants had been released earlier,” Minister of State for IT and Electronics P P Chaudhary said in a reply to Lok Sabha.
Provision has been made in the portal to capture PAN details of each entity and NGO along with PAN and Aadhar details of at least three of its office bearers and all fresh entities have to sign up on the portal with these details, he said.
“Ministries and departments have been asked to develop IT applications for end-to-end processing of applications from NGOs and VOs for sanction or release of grants. All applications have to be processed in online mode only from March 31, 2017 onwards,” Chaudhary said.