A newborn was nibbled by rats in the maternity ward of a government hospital in Kishtwar with parents claiming that the baby died due to rodent bites. Ghulam Hassan, a resident of the remote Chhatru village of the district, had taken his wife to the hospital where she delivered a baby boy on Thursday, a police officer said.
He said that the baby was shifted to the maternity ward and when Hassan visited the ward on Saturday, he found the baby dead with rat bites visible on his body. “There was blood all over the body of the baby and the rats were still nibbling him when Hassan saw this,” he said.
Gurjeet Singh, Director of Health Services in Jammu, said that a probe has been launched into the matter. “I have already ordered an inquiry and the chief medical officer of the district will be conducting the inquiry. However, preliminary inquiry suggest that the baby had already died due to some illness and was nibbled by rats after his death,” Singh told PTI.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Singh, however, said that if anybody in the health department is found guilty, strict action would be taken against him.