A man in his twenties allegedly committed suicide by jumping off from the 16th floor of a multi-storeyed building in Nehru Place in south east Delhi this evening. Police said the youth was around 25 years of age and the incident took place around 6.30 pm.
“Identity of the deceased has not been established yet since there no mobile phone or any note was recovered which could give details about him,” said DCP(south east) Romil Baania.
A security guard of Chiranjivi Tower told police he tried to stop the youth from entering the building but he did not heed.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The guard went back to bring his colleagues to stop him but by then he had sneaked inside.
The guards later heard a loud thud and found the youth lying in a pool of blood, said a police officer.
Police reached the spot after getting a PCR call. The youth was rushed to the hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
The body of the deceased has been sent for post mortem and inquest proceedings were initiated to probe the matter further, the officer added.