With the ATMs opening Friday nearly 48 hours post Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s radical announcement about scrapping of the 500 and 1000 rupees notes, long queues made by anxious citizens were seen across the nation with the new currency notes available for withdrawal. The withdrawal limit is of 2,000 rupees per day per card for all the customers at bank ATMs. A number of steps have been taken by bank authorities to facilitate withdrawal of money from ATMs, exchange currency at banks, withdraw money from accounts.
Watch What Else Is Making News
After November 19th limit of per day per card transaction will increase up to 4000 rupees. Long queues, heavy jostling and chaos ensued in the national capital yesterday as people thronged to banks to exchange notes. Queues extending to roads were seen outside the banks throughout the day.
However, the bank employees handled the rush aptly as the people seemed elated by the smooth response. Elaborate security arrangements were in place at the banks and post offices after they started public transactions. In the banks, people were asked to submit a filled form and a copy of identity proof to exchange the demonetized notes.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016