Condemning the attack on CRPF jawans in Jammu and Kashmir, chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs, Pradip Bhattacharya, on Friday demanded a thorough investigation by NIA into the incident.
“I strongly condemn this attack and I demand that there should be a thorough investigation by the NIA into the case,” he told PTI.
Bhattacharya, also a senior Congress leader from West Bengal, said the Centre should be more alert about the terror activities in the country.
- Rajasthan hacking: Leaders meet Afrazul kin, TMC to raise issue in Parliament
- Lashkar man held in Uttar Pradesh was associate of Abu Jundal: NIA
- NIA likely to probe human trafficking cases
- Have inputs that militants may disrupt peace initiative in Kashmir: CRPF
- Parliamentary panel raps intelligence agencies for 'failure' to prevent attacks
- Terrorists hiding in Pathankot, can attack again: House panel
“The government should be more cautious and alert in dealing with terror activities,” he said.
In the deadliest attack on security forces in three years, eight CRPF personnel were killed and 21 others critically wounded when terrorists rained bullets on a bus carrying them in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Friday.