The ruling North East Democratic Alliance (NEDA) in Arunachal Pradesh on Wednesday announced its official candidate for by-election to Hayuliang assembly constituency scheduled on November 19 next. “Dasanglu Pul, the youngest wife of former Chief Minister Kalikho Pul has been unanimously chosen as the NEDA candidate and she will contest the election on a BJP ticket,” Chief Minister Pema Khandu told a press conference.
“Her name will be sent to NEDA Convenor for final approval,” Khandu said adding, among the three wives of the former chief minister, Dasanglu’s name was unanimously chosen.
Khandu said BJP being a coalition partner with PPA in the NEDA government Dasanglu would contest from BJP ticket.
BJP state unit President Tapir Gao who was also present in the press conference informed that the name of the candidate would be forwarded to the party’s leadership for final approval and all the formalities would be completed by Thursday.
Gao appealed to other parties including opposition Congress not to field any candidate on sympathetic ground keeping in view the contribution made by Kalikho Pul for the state.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“With only two years left for the next election, it will be an opportunity for the people of the state to pay respect to the former chief minister by electing one of his wives unopposed,” Gao said adding, “Arunachal will kept its tradition alive like earlier occasions.”
While last date of filing nominations has been fixed on November 2 next, scrutiny of papers would be done on November 3 and last date of withdrawal of candidature is November 5.
Counting of votes would be done on November 22 next.
The seat fell vacant after Kalikho Pul committed suicide on August 9 this year.