Three days after he began a hunger strike in front of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s house to protest “false allegations” of being involved in the murder of an NDMC official, East Delhi MP Maheish Girri broke his fast Tuesday. Union Home minister Rajnath Singh, who visited the protest site, offered Girri a glass of lemonade.
Girri said, “Kejriwal levelled false allegations against me. I challenged him (to a debate) in the Constitution Club but he did not turn up… so I came to his residence… I asked him for proof… asked him to show me the letter… I told police they should arrest me if they find me guilty.”
Even as he broke his fast, Girri once again challenged Kejriwal to an open debate to produce ‘evidence’ against him in the case.
- BJP MP Maheish Girri Ends Hunger Strike Outside Arvind Kejriwal Residence
- BJP MP Maheish Girri ends hunger strike outside Arvind Kejriwal residence
- Mahesh Girri a murder accused, CM can’t go for a debate with him, says Manish Sisodia
- Swamy’s latest: Sack Kejriwal if he doesn’t say sorry to Girri over NDMC official’s murder row
- Maheish Girri’s debate challege: Kejriwal responds, asks if murder is issue of debate
- Murder of NDMC official: BJP MP Girri on hunger strike outside Kejriwal’s house, seeks debate
Referring to Kejriwal’s comment that he does not debate with the accused, Girri said, “I throw another challenge at you. Bring your men and media. I will come to any place you decide. Kudrat ka karishma hai FIR tum pe hui… kehna mujhe chahiye aise aaropiyon ke saath mein baat nahi karta (You are the one named in the FIR… I should be the one refusing to talk to you).”
Girri said the party asked him to call off the strike when the CM did not show up. Rajnath said, “A person accepts or declines a challenge depending on his intellect. But an MP or a worker should not gamble with their lives.”
AAP holds candlelight march at Jantar Mantar
AAP Tuesday staged a candlelight march at Jantar Mantar, seeking justice for slain NDMC official M M Khan.
The march was led by Delhi unit chief Dilip Pandey and MLA Amanatullah Khan, and was attended by residents from Jamia Nagar.
“We stand by the family and will take their fight for justice ahead… Khan was killed since he refused to take a bribe… This involves two BJP leaders, Tanwar and Girri, and by not taking action… the BJP has proved that it stands by the murderers,” said Pandey.