Ranjit Paswan, 28
* Police in Bihar were looking for Ranjit Paswan alias Santosh Paswan alias Babu Bhai since September last year, since he fled during a raid in which another reported Maoist, Ghasi Paswan, was arrested along with weapons, Superintendent of Police, Kaimur, Harpreet Kaur said. According to the UP ATS, Paswan was just 13 when he came in touch with alleged Naxalite Ramapati and joined the PWG. He allegedly rose to become area commander of Kaimur. Later, he was arrested in UP in an attempt to murder case and sentenced to nine years. After coming out of jail, he reportedly got in touch with Pawan Kumar Jha, who is among the 10 arrested now.
Krishna Kumar, 42
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
* From Rohtas district in Bihar, Kumar was a private vehicle driver, and allegedly started out working for the PWG in that capacity, carrying their threat letters, and later helping extort levy. Police claim Kumar went on to train in assembling countrymade bombs and preparing weapons, in the jungles of Kaimur, and was once jailed. He too allegedly came in contact with Pawan Jha after being released.
Sunil Ravidas, 30
* From UP’s Chandauli district, Ravidas allegedly fled home at the age of 13 after a fight with family members and reached Sasaram in Bihar. He was allegedly working at a roadside dhaba when he came in contact with PWG sub-zonal area commander Kamlesh Chowdhary. In 2011, Ravidas was arrested with three others, including an alleged Naxal, in UP’s Sonbhadra district. He allegedly joined the TSPC after release from jail on bail, and was active in Kaimur and Sasaram districts. Police say he came to Noida on Krishna Kumar’s invitation.
Pawan Kumar Jha
* Native of Bihar’s Madhubani district, Jha was involved in the sale and purchase of land when he allegedly came in contact with Ranjit and later the TSPC while looking to settle scores over a business deal gone wrong. According to UP ATS officers, Jha had left home in 2012 after tiff with his maternal uncle.– Manish Sahu in Lucknow