Navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba on Monday left on a four-day visit to Myanmar during which he will hold talks with the top defence authorities there and seek to deepen bilateral military ties. During his official visit beginning on Tuesday, Admiral Lanba will hold bilateral discussions with U Myint Swe, First Vice President, Vice Senior General Soe Win, Deputy Commander-in-Chief (Defence Forces) and Commander-in-Chief, Myanmar Army and Admiral Tin Aung San, Commander-in-Chief, Myanmar Navy.
The Admiral will be addressing the students at the National Defence College and visit the Defence Services Academy, Naval Training Command and the indigenously built Myanmar Navy Frigate UMS Aung Zeya. The visit of the Chief of Naval Staff will also coincide with the port call of Indian Naval ships of the 1st Training Squadron which are on a overseas deployment as part of training curriculum of Indian naval cadets.
Officers from the Myanmar Navy are also embarked on the Indian naval ships for the first time as part of the international training exchange programme. The two navies cooperate with each other in terms of training and operational interactions. India has been partnering the capacity building of the Myanmar Navy through assistance in military hardware and equipment.
A Damage Control Simulator built by Goa Shipyard Limited was commissioned on May 10 this year. Myanmar Navy Ship UMS Aung Zeya, indigenously built by Myanmar having sensors which have been made by Bharat Electronics Limited, participated in International Fleet Review in Visakhapatnam this year.
The Admiral in addition to holding important bilateral discussions will also lay a wreath at the Martyrs’ mausoleum and will also host reception for dignitaries from Myanmar onboard Indian Naval ships at Yangon.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More