The Department of Posts will celebrate the National Postal Week between October 9 and 15 to highlight its role and contribution in the lives of people, a senior official said. The department will also celebrate the World Post Day on October 9 to commemorate the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in the Swiss capital Berne, the official added.
“Through our week-long celebration, we would try our best to generate a broader awareness about the role of the Department of Posts among the public and media at the national level,” Harish Agrawal, Chief Post Master General (CPMG) of Maharashtra and Goa circle, said.
“As part of the week-long exercise, the department would celebrate World Post Day on October 9, Savings Bank Day on October 10, Mail Day and Philately Day on October 13, Postal Life Insurance Day on October 14 and on the final day Business Development Day,” Agrawal said adding that on these days, the department would focus on its various services.
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
The department is well aware of the changing requirements of the customers and has introduced services like speed post, express/business parcel, business post, e-post, money remittance services, etc, he said.
According to the official, in order to utilise the full strength of vast network of the post offices and attract more customers, including younger generation, the department is going door-to-door and visiting corporate houses to tap all the avenues and markets.
“We are also giving our best in the e-commerce segment and therefore, we have set up a parcel facility at Parel here, which is clearing up over 10,000 things in a single day, he said, adding the department currently has commercial tie-ups with dozens of e-commerce companies.