The Ministry of AYUSH will observe National Ayurveda Day Friday on the occasion of Dhanvantari Divas or Dhanteras and the theme this year will be ‘Ayurveda for Prevention and Control of Diabetes.’ A national seminar on this theme will be organised to mark the occasion. The event will be inaugurated by Minister of State PMO, DoNER, DOPT, Dr Jitender Singh. Minister of AYUSH Shri Shripad Yesso Naik will preside over the programme.
The AYUSH Ministry will also launch ‘Mission Madhumeha through Ayurveda’, which will be a protocol for treating diabetes through Ayurveda and will be implemented throughout the country.
State governments, state AYUSH Directorates and Ayurveda Institutes have also been asked to mark National Ayurveda Day by holding various events like free medical camps, public lectures and awareness campaigns.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016