“For what he did to my little daughter, only a death sentence can bring some closure,” an angry and shaken father of the five-year old girl, allegedly sexually abused by a teenager in Talegaon in Trimbakeshwar town near Nashik, told The Indian Express. The father revealed that the daughter, who is still in the state of shock, has been waking up at night with a jolt, screaming. After much counselling, the girl is put to sleep only to get up shrieking again.
“It is disheartening to see my little girl go through such an ordeal and therefore I will fight this case till its logical end and until the boy is punished with a death sentence. He has spoiled my daughter’s life, he deserves no mercy,” he adds speaking from the hospital ward at Nashik Civil Hospital where the victim is currently being treated.
A steady stream of visitors, mostly politicians, are lining up outside the ward. However, the father has decided not to entertain anyone or allow anyone to visit his daughter. “Maharashtra’s MoS, Home had come to visit my daughter on Monday but I refused to allow him to meet her. Many local leaders are lining up but I don’t want the matter to be politicised. The individual not the community is responsible for this act,” the father states.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Meanwhile, while the family of the accused left the village after their home was ransacked, fearing a further backlash, the victim’s family has also decided never to return to the village. “I hail from an adjoining village. Around a fortnight ago, my daughters and my wife visited Talegaon on vacation to visit their grandmother. However, after this incident I have decided that I would never take my girl there as the memory of the place will haunt her,” he adds.
The father who runs a transport business was returning from Mumbai when the incident took place. “I shuttle daily between Mumbai and Nashik for my business. On Saturday evening, I forgot my mobile at a restaurant where I usually halt for a tea-break. Around 8.30pm when I returned home I learnt from my relatives that my younger daughter has been sexually abused. I immediately rushed to the Trimbakeshwar police station,” he recalls. The 36-year lauds his elder daughter for being brave. “If it hadn’t been for my elder daughter I don’t know what would had happened,” the father said.