India’s claim of surgical strikes ‘fabrication of truth’: Pakistan

In the meantime, Pakistan has alleged that two of its Army soldiers have been killed by Indian troops in cross-border firing along the Line of Control, while rejecting any claim of 'surgical strikes'.

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Updated: September 29, 2016 6:43 pm
Nawaz Sharif, Sharif, Pakistan PM, Pakistan, surgical strikes along LoC, LoC, Indian Army, India news, latest news, Indian express Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. (Source: AP)

Pakistan on Thursday rejected India’s claim it had conducted surgical strikes on alleged terrorist launch pads along LoC, saying that New Delhi is doing it only to please the media and public.

In a statement, Pakistan Defence Minister Khawaja Asif on Thursday said, “The Pakistani Army gave befitting response to the Indian army. Indian Army opened up small arm fire last night on five sectors across LoC. India is doing this under a well-planned objective. If India tries to do this again, we will respond forcefully. India is doing this only to please their media and public.”

ALSO READ: India hits Pakistan terror launchpads in surgical strikes along LoC

Pakistan claimed that two of its Army soldiers have been killed by Indian troops in cross-border firing along the Line of Control, while rejecting any claim of ‘surgical strikes’, as reported in the Pakistan Daily The Dawn.

In a press release issued by the Inter State Public Relations, the statement said, “There has been no surgical strike by India, instead there had been cross border fire initiated and conducted by India which is existential phenomenon. As per rules of engagement same was strongly and befittingly responded by Pakistani troops.”

“The notion of surgical strike linked to alleged  terrorists bases is an illusion being deliberately generated by Indian to create false effects.This quest by Indian establishment to create media hype by rebranding cross border fire as surgical strike is fabrication of truth. Pakistan has made it clear that if there is a surgical strike on Pakistani soil, same will be strongly responded,” the statement added.

Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has condemned the surgical strikes. ANI quoted him as saying, “We condemn this attack, our desire for peace should not be interpreted as our weakness”.

READ: India strikes terror launch pads across LoC: This is how it unfolded

 

Speaking to the media on the surgical strikes today,  DGMO Lt General Ranbir Singh said in a joint media briefing that India conducted surgical strikes last night along the LoC to safeguard the nation. “Significant casualties have been caused to terrorists and those trying to shield them. We don’t have a plan to further conduct such strikes. India has spoken to Pakistan,” he said in the statement.

Singh said that the motive of this operation was to hit out at the terrorists who were planning to infiltrate into our territory, adding that no Indian casualties during surgical strikes that were carried out in Pakistan territory last night by the Indian Army.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results