The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday rubbished Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s baseless allegations against Prime Minister Narendra Modi prior to the latter’s Lucknow visit to attend the Dussehra festivities and said this reflected the Samajwadi Party’s insecurity prior to the state assembly polls.
BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra said that one should not politicize the Prime Minister’s visit. “One should not stoop down so law. The Prime Minister is going to celebrate Dussehra. And if the Prime Minister is scheduled to celebrate it in UP then one should not politicize it. The political parties, who are commenting against his visit, are displaying a sense of insecurity,” he added.
Another BJP spokesperson GVL Narsimha Rao said that the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister should instead be ready to welcome the Prime Minister to Lucknow rather than making critical remarks directed at the latter.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“If he is going to be afraid of his one visit then let me inform him that the Prime Minister will be addressing several rallies in the run up to the Uttar Pradesh elections and he is only betraying his sense of jitters when talks about PM,” he told ANI
The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister earlier in the day dubbed Prime Minister Modi’s upcoming visit to the state capital to attend the Dussehra celebrations as politically motivated with an eye on the upcoming state assembly polls.
“What can I say about anyone going anywhere? We have to follow a protocol we will do it. I guess if elections were happening in Bihar then the Ravana would have been burnt there,” Akhilesh told a press conference in Lucknow.
Echoing similar sentiments, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati yesterday dubbed Prime Minister’s Modi’s visit to Lucknow a political stunt and said that the event should have been toned down taking into account the loss suffered by the families of soldiers killed in the Uri terror attack.
“The pyre of jawans who lost their lives in the Uri attack has not yet died down, but the Prime Minister is coming to Lucknow to celebrate Dussehra for his political motives,” she said.
Prime Minister Modi is scheduled to visit Lucknow and attend Dussehra festivities at the historic Aishbagh Ramlila ground on October 11.