MAHARASHTRA Andhashraddha Nirmulan Samiti (MANS) has demanded that government agencies should announce a cash award of Rs 25 lakh for anyone who gives credible information about Sarang Akolkar and Vinay Pawar, who are wanted accused in the murder of rationalist Narendra Dabholkar on August 20, 2013. Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) which is investigating the case had recently submitted a chargesheet against Virendra Tawade, who is said to be the key conspirator in Dabholkar’s murder. Avinash Patil, working president of MANS, has urged the CBI to make all efforts to locate and nab Akolkar and Pawar, who are also wanted in other cases.
“Both Sarang Akolkar and Vinay Pawar, who as per CBI shot Dr Dabholkar in broad daylight and killed him, are wanted criminals who are on the radar of various investigating agencies for the last seven years. Akolkar also has a red corner notice issued by Interpol but there have not been sufficient efforts to track him down. We demand that fresh efforts should be launched to locate both these accused and that for this purpose a cash reward of Rs 25 lakh be announced to those who give credible information about the whereabouts of these accused persons,” said Patil.
He added that Dr Jayant Athawale, founder of Sanatan Sanstha, should also be probed as the alleged ideological inspiration for this crime came allegedly from his teachings. “It’s quite possible that these same elements were involved in the murder of Dr Pansare and Kalburgi and hence, tracking these individuals down assumes prime importance,” said Patil.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen