Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis gave his in-principle approval for building a ropeway in Gorewada Zoo and Rescue Centre at Nagpur to add value to tourism. He also asked officials to prepare a detailed project report (DPR) in this regard.
Fadnavis gave the directions while chairing a meeting to review progress of the Zoo and Rescue Centre in presence of state Forest Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar, an official from Chief Minister’s Office said on Thursday.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Fadnavis also approved upgradation of roads for Jungle Safari in Gorewada to cater to large number of tourists, the official said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Fadnavis also chaired the 12th meeting of Maharashtra State Board for Wildlife.
The Wildlife Board approved geotechnical investigation within Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SGNP) for finalising alignment for tunnel forming part of Goregaon-Mulund Link Road, he said.
The Board also granted permission to conduct topographic/alignment survey within SGNP for ropeway connectivity from Thane-Borivali to ascertain feasibility, the official added.