Two sons of a local BJP MLA surrendered along with three others before police here in connection with a case of attempt to murder against them after they allegedly got into a drunken brawl at a bar, which resulted in death of a 21-year-old man. Rohit and Abhilash, sons of MLA Krishna Khopde, were allegedly involved in a brawl at a bar-cum-restaurant in Shankar Nagar square area of the city on November 20.
Abhilash was discharged yesterday from hospital where he was admitted after the brawl while Rohit was absconding since both of them were booked for attempt to murder, police said. Abhilash and Rohit, accompanied by their father, walked to the Ambazari police station last night and both were subsequently arrested, police said.
Khopde is the MLA from East Nagpur constituency. The deceased, identified as Shubham Mahakalkar was said to be the friend of the brother duo.
Rohit and Abhilash were booked under various sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC), including 307 (attempt to murder). Police had earlier launched a manhunt to nab them.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More