Governor of Nagaland and Assam PB Acharya said Yoga is not a religion but science of well-being and people should take out time to practice the ancient discipline.
In his message to the people after an event marking the International Yoga Day organised by Nagaland government at Indira Gandhi Stadium, Acharya said Yoga plays a vital role in maintaining physical and mental well-being.
- North east has immense investment potential : Venkaiah Naidu
- Homeopaths should adopt high standard of ethics, says Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu
- Nagaland government formation: NDPP-BJP tout majority, but ruling NPF still eyes another term
- Nagaland at cusp of history, says Governor P B Acharya
- Yoga the only way to live healthy life, says Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu
- Yoga has nothing to do with religion: Venkaiah Naidu
Noting that modern life is full of stress and problems, the Governor said Yoga offers the cheapest and harmless solution to these problems in the form of relaxation.
“It helps in changing our life styles and creating consciousness….And Yoga has nothing to do with religion….It is a science and an exercise to keep our body fit,” he said.
Nearly 2,000 people, including students, teachers, NGOs, government servants and members of public joined the International Yoga Day celebrations.