BULANDSHAHR POLICE has arrested one Harendra Singh for allegedly being on the run since after he was booked in a case for killing three members of a family during Muzaffarnagar riots in 2013.
Watch What Else is Making News
Singh sustained a bullet injury in his thigh during an exchange of fire with police team that arrested him on Friday. Another person who was accompanying him managed to escape. The encounter occurred near the forests at Sarai Jagannath village. A constable of Sikandarabad police station too suffered a bullet injury in the firing.
When contacted, Bulandshahr SP (City) Maan Singh Chauhan said police have recovered a carbine and a car from the possession of the accused. “Singh carried a reward of Rs 50,000 on his head, and is an accused in a case of triple murder in the Muzaffarnagar riots. He also faces about a dozen other criminal cases including those of murder, dacoity, extortion and Goonda Act in Muzaffarnagar, Baghpat and Rajasthan,” he added.
Chauhan said Singh, along with three others, has been accused of killing Amroz, Meharban and Azmal on October 30, 2013 at Husainpur Kala village in Budhana area. “He and his associates had killed the three to avenge the murders of two Hindu men killed during riots in Singh’s village. He was absconding since then,” said the SP.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Muzaffarnagar police had attached Singh’s property after he remained untraceable. His wife had contested the 2014-15 panchayat polls, and was elected pradhan from Mohammadpur village in Bhaurakalan area,” said a police officer.
Bhaurakala SHO Jai Bhagwan Singh Yadav said three cases of dacoity and murder were lodged against Singh in his police station during the Muzaffarnagar riots. “On September 8, 2013, he had killed one Raieesuddien in Mohammadpur and was booked for murder. On September 9 and 13, he robbed two villagers (both Muslims) and set their houses on fire,” he added.